Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Huba-balo

As we all know, our textbook author Jackie Huba came and chatted with our class recently.

I know that alot of us have already blogged about this experience and most people would consider it old news to read about but I'd like to put out my own reaction.

I was most titilated by the idea that blogging and our knowdlege of web 2.0 would be a very strong lever once we enter the job market. That would could enter a job interview and bring up our blog as a valid experience and more than likely that would reflect strongly on us getting the job or not. It is exciting that some of our classmates have already gotten interest from major PR firms based soley on their blogging and web 2.0 interaction.

For someone who has never had a super strong direction-job wise, having skills like this will (hopefully) enable me even more flexability as I would (hopefully!) be an assest to any compnay large or small.

No comments: