Thursday, September 13, 2007

Gothamist, Austinist, LAist, PRist, Socialmediaist



Gothamist is a New York City blog that covers news, food, events and other local happenings around the city. The blog was the first to stem from from the GothamistLLC company. Instead of just sticking to New York City, Gothamist expanded and now has 15 different city-specific blogs. Included among the other cites are U.S. big names such as LA, Philly, Houston, Seattle and our very own Austinist


The company also has international sites such as Shangaiist and Londonist

Personally I love Austinist and use it every day. In fact it was one of the first non class blogs to be added to my Google Reader account. Austinist to me is like an up to minute every changing version of Austin Chronicle, that truly makes me feel like sorta have a finger on the pulse of the city.

These type of sites are great for local PR, not only just for ads but by getting your store/business/band/whatever blogged about. Often times Austinist will offer up fee admission to movies/shows that surely garner up interest, I know it does for me.

It is also great that blogs comments are available as it truly lets the community participate in the dialogue going about the city -a local form of social media if you will.

2 comments:

kassie! said...

Ah, I love Austinist as well. Good post.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.